Veterans with Service-Connected Disabilities

Veterans who are determined by VA to be disabled by an injury or illness that was incurred or aggravated during active military service (a service-connected disability) may be eligible for additional benefits and services.


Learn More about Federal Benefits
Visit the Veterans Benefits Administration’s page on the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs website or call (800) 827-1000 to learn more about the various federal benefits available to veterans, caregivers/family members or dependents/survivors.

Learn More About State Benefits
The Iowa Department of Veterans Affairs website provides a list of benefits available to veterans who are residents of the State of Iowa. You may also call the IDVA office at (515) 252-4698 or (800) 838-4692 to speak with a benefits specialist.

Qualify for DoD Disability Entitlements
Learn how to qualify for disability entitlements through the U.S. Department of Defense’s Defense Finance and Accounting Service (DFAS) website.

Request Your Service Records
Veterans can request a copy of their service record (including DD/214 separation documents, personnel records, replacement medals and/or medical records) through the National Archives website.

Get Help with Your VA Disability Rating
Call the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs at (800) 827-1000 with concerns about your VA disability rating.



Find a Service Provider in Your Area

Provider Directory