Personally identifiable information that may be collected as a result of your use of this site includes IP numbers, date/time stamps, methods, path data, status code data and size of request data. The information that is available from governmental web sites is subject to these principles and policies:
- Access to personally identifiable information in public records at state and local levels of government in Iowa is controlled primarily by Iowa Code Chapter 22. Information generally available under Chapter 22—and not made confidential elsewhere in the Iowa Code—may be posted for electronic access.
- Persons concerned with information about them should contact the custodian of the record— typically the state agency or other governmental entity that collects and maintains the information.
- The information collected will likely be comprised of only the information necessary for the State to provide information or services sought by a requester, just as a person might provide such information when visiting a governmental office in person.
- The information collected is subject to the same controls and uses as that collected by governmental offices visited in person, again subject to the access and confidentiality provisions of chapter 22, or to other applicable sections of the Iowa Code. You do not have to provide personal information to visit the web sites or download information. The IP (Internet Protocol) numbers of computers used to visit these sites are noted as part of our statistical analysis on use of our web sites and how to better design services and facilitate access to them. No marketing databases are created nor are any commercial uses made of any such data. Government agencies may request personally identifiable information from you in order to provide requested services, but such information is handled as it would be on an in-person visit to a government office.
- Various other web sites may be linked through this site. Private sector sites are not subject to chapter 22. Visitors to those sites may wish to check their privacy statements and be cautious about providing personally identifiable information.