About Life's Transitions and Changes
Everyone goes through various stages in
their lives. Some of these stages are predictable
such as achieving new skills, attending
various education settings, moving into
adulthood and retiring. Unpredicted changes
such as developing a disability, losing
independence, or developing health conditions
can create emotional challenges. Exploring
your options and planning can help make
these transitions easier.
Think about the following questions
for yourself or your family member:
- How do I make the best of retirement – supposedly
the best years of my life?
- Is stress pushing me to a breaking
- Whom do I ask about my child's developmental
- How do I know if my child's behavior
is not typical
- Where do I go to find out if my child
is eligible for supports at school and
- When and what do I need to do to help
my child transition to adult services?